Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas in January...

I recognize that these pictures are terribly late, but if the guy down the street can STILL proudly display Santa, his reindeer, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus in his yard, then I can post some Christmas pictures and get away with it! I won't overwhelm you all with tons of pictures. These are just a few of my favorites from the holiday season with our joyful two-year-old.

Meeting Santa at the library -- Coop wouldn't let Grammy leave his side. The ironic thing was, Cooper adores all things Santa...except for the real thing! Check down below for Santa, round two, and you'll see what I mean.


Christmas Eve with Chad's grandparents -- We had such a special day in New Braunfels and Cooper got the chance to spend some quality playtime with his great-grandparents and his Nana.



Cookies for Santa -- "Our" Santa happens to REALLY love cookies, so we made sure to hook him up! And, Coop tested out the cookies, just to be sure they were good enough for his favorite chubby guy in a red suit.


A visit from Santa Claus on Christmas morning -- This is what I'm talking about! Beginning with Cooper's very first Christmas, my dad has been dressing up like Santa every year. Last year, Cooper panicked and didn't want anything to do with him. I was hoping this year would turn out better considering his love of Santa toys, pictures and vidoes, and of course, his cherished "little Santa" that he's been toting around in his left hand since late November. (BTW, it's Jan. 20 and little Santa is STILL in his hand!) Unfortunately, Santa's visit was met with trepidation and eventually tears. My dad sure does look jolly, though! Maybe next year?!

Opening presents and a day of play -- Once Cooper recovered from Santa's visit, he had so much fun opening presents with the family and playing with all of his new toys and games. We really had a blessed Christmas celebration even though we missed Matt and Jess terribly! I'm hoping that we can all spend next Christmas together.








2 comments:

Kim and Scott said...

So precious! I love that he is still carrying his Santa around.

Leslie said...

Glad to see you posting again. Cooper is so cute. Love the hair!! We just chopped all of Luke's long locks off. It was a hard day for me but I think it was time. He looks like a different kid now. So cute that your dad dresses up like Santa. And I love Chad's t-shirt sweater in those pictures. Classy.