Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sara, this blog's for you!

Thanks to my wonderful college roommate, I am back in the blogging saddle. Her online threat to get my act together (quickly, I might add) or risk removal from her blog roll lit a small fire in me. So, here I am putting a little something new on this blog of mine. I am admittedly late in meeting her deadline (last Friday -- Christmas Day), but I did the best I could! Sara, I hope to keep my special place on the right side of your blog page. I happen to like it there. :)

Now, why has it taken me SOOO long to come back to blogging? Well, the date of my last post happens to coincide with the date Chad started his new job in Houston. With the acceptance of his new position came the decision to put our house on the market...and that, in and of itself, is a job all on its own. Needless to say, since early June I've only focused on raising my now two-year-old angel boy and keeping my house clean, tidy and ready for showings (which is virtually impossible, thanks to said two-year-old angel boy)! I must say I have missed this blog, though. I love the opportunity to upload pictures of Cooper and share bits and pieces of our little world with interested friends and family. I hope to get back into the swing of things very soon. I guess you could call it one of my New Year's resolutions.

Another resolution for 2010 -- move our family into ONE home again. Since Chad has been working in Houston every week and our house hasn't sold yet, I feel as if our family members are "scattered about." And those of you who know me well, know I don't tend to like things "scattered about!" We are handling this time apart fairly well and soak up our weekends with Chad as much as we can. But, we are all about done with this. I would venture to say that Cooper is the most ready to have daddy home every day again. Over the past 6 - 7 months, we've had our fair share of sleeping troubles, behavioral trials, clinginess and confusion with Coop. He's finally more used to the idea of Chad leaving for a few days to work, but it wasn't always so easy. Praise God for the family I have nearby and Cooper's fondness for some special people in his world -- they have really been a source of fun and comfort for him, while also serving as great supporters of me and Chad. I am confident that the Lord will see this change through in the coming months and we are all more than ready to be settled again as a family.

My little man is waking from his nap, so I'll leave you with a promise of pictures and maybe even a video or two if I can figure out my new pocket video camera (fingers crossed) soon. Here's to a happy and healthy New Year filled with many wonderful memories.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Honey, welcome back, welcome back!!!! You have been missed. Love you and continuing to pray for the Lord to "reunite" the Smith family under one roof very, very soon. Also praying that whatever lessons were to be learned during this small trial, will become clear and understood. Kisses to my Boo. xoxoxox Mom.

Leslie said...

It's about time. I have missed your updates. Can't believe you aren't living here yet. I am anxiously awaiting your arrival. Love you!!

Beth said...

Hey Ashley!! Just wanted to say that I know having your family separated can be SO difficult...hang in there! I'll be praying y'all are together again soon. I know one thing I have learned through all our time apart is that being together is absolutely priceless. I hope y'all are under one roof soon!! Love ya'!

Sara said...

Yay for a blog update!! Now lets keep it up! Miss you girl, I'm hoping for a reunion sometime very soon!

Richard said...

Hahaha... that is EXACTLY why I got my blogging butt in motion! Great to see you guys doing so well :).

Richard Muske